The NIFT Publication Unit is envisaged as an in-house, interdisciplinary platform with research-centered approach to highlight the intellectual acumen of the faculty across NIFT campuses as well as scholars and educators globally. NIFT is pleased to announce the launch of its new scholarly publication, 'NIFT Journal of Fashion' where each annual issue will have a definite theme of wide-ranging significance on different aspects of fashion with critical thinking on multiple perspectives of relevance to the wider academia and fashion industry.
The objectives of the NIFT journal are:
- To encourage knowledge sharing among the academia through original articles on matters of current and emerging significance, with a view to the future of fashion.
- To highlight the theory, practices and pedagogy of fashion education in the domains of design, technology and management to contribute to the fashion industry.
To encourage and disseminate quality research in the realms of fashion design, management, technology and education, sharing new knowledge, emerging trends, different perspectives and best practices that is relevant to academia and fashion professionals globally.
‘NIFT Journal of Fashion’ is a double blind peer-reviewed and open-access journal that will publish original research articles encompassing different domains in fashion, including design, communication, management, technology and education. The journal will be a thematic annual publication that will invite high quality research articles from academicians, scholars and fashion professionals worldwide.
- Editor-in-Chief: The Head – Publication Unit will be a Senior Professor who will be designated as the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Associate Editor: The Unit In-charge – Publication Unit will be a Professor who will be designated as the Associate Editor of the journal.
- Advisor: Dean (Academics) will be the Advisor.
- Editorial Board will comprise Head – Research and all Chairpersons. Two external academicians from reputed educational institutes and three professors from NIFT with experience and expertise in the thematic research area will be co-opted for the particular issue of the journal.
- Publisher will be National Institute of Fashion Technology, India.
The periodicity of the NIFT publication will be annual.
Circulation and access
'NIFT Journal of Fashion'is a scholastic publication, circulated freely for academic purposes. It will be available in both printed and online versions. The journal is published on an open access platform under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which permits free usage, circulation and reproduction of the content on any platform, provided the original work and source is suitably cited. The complete issue/s of the journal will be widely available free of charge on the NIFT website, www.nift.ac.in.
Submission of research articles
The research article, complete in all respects and formatted according to the author guidelines should be submitted via email at email@example.com.
All research articles received will go through the double blind peer review process. The final recommendation (Accepted / Accepted with minor modifications / Accepted with major modifications / Rejected) along with review report will be notified to the author/s. If the recommendation is ‘Accepted with modifications’, the author/s will be given a month’s time to re-submit the revised research article. Following review by Editor-in-Chief, the final decision regarding the acceptance of the research article for publication will the conveyed to the author/s.
- It shall be the responsibility of the author/s to ensure the following:
- The research article is an original piece of work.
- The research article has not been published elsewhere.
- The research article is not under review by another publication.
- The research presented is carried out in an ethical manner and the data and findings are not fabricated or manipulated.
- Submissions will be processed through plagiarism software to ensure the authenticity of submitted content. A maximum of 15% percent of text similarity is acceptable by the journal. If the research article exceeds the prescribed limits of plagiarism, the article will be returned to the author/s.
- The maximum number of co-authors submitting a research article is limited to three.
- The length of the research article shall be between 3500 (minimum) and 5000 (maximum) words excluding abstract, references, author/s details and biography.
- The journal accepts both standard American and British English language.
- The author/s shall ensure that the research article is free of grammatical and typographical errors.
- The research article should be formatted in Microsoft Word, A4 size (8.27”X11.69”), portrait orientation and 1 inch margin all around.
- The text font to be used is Times New Roman, 12 point with 1.5 line spacing. The title, headings and sub-headings should be in boldfont.
- The author/s should remove personal information including names from the file properties of the Microsoft Word document prior to submission.
- The research article should include the following:
- Full name of the author/s, current designation, affiliation and contact details including address, phone number and email id. If there is more than one contributing author, the corresponding author should be indicated.
- Abstract of 300-350 wordswith 5 to 7 keywords.
- The main body of text with suitable headings and sub-headings should include introduction, methodology, results, discussion and conclusion.
- Acknowledgement (optional)
- References should conform to the Harvard Referencing Style as per
ISO 690:2010 citation style.
- Tables and Figures
- All tables and figures should be numbered in sequence and referred to in the text. Each table/figure should be embedded closest to the place where it has been first referredin the main text.
- Tables display data in rows and columns. The table number in Arabic numerals along with suitable caption should be positioned just above the table.
- Figures can include graph, diagram, illustration or image. The figure number in Arabic numerals along with suitable caption should be positioned just below the figure.
- Any image used should have a resolution of at least 300 dpi. All images should also be submitted separately in PNG or TIFF format.
- It is the responsibility of the author to duly acknowledge external sources and ensure that due permissions have been obtained in order to reuse any copyrighted material that has been sourced from any platform.
- The author/s should submit a short biography within 150 words along with the article.
- The corresponding author should submit duly signed Copyright Consent Form along with the submission.
- The journal does not charge any submission fee or publication fee from the author/s.
- Once the research article is accepted for publication in the journal, it cannot be withdrawn by the author/s.
- All submissions are subject to editorial review and necessary modifications.
Accurateness of Content
The information and opinions in the research articles published in the journal are solely of the concerned authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Editors, Editorial Board, Advisors or of the Institute. The author/sareentirelyresponsible for the accurateness of information, data, facts, figures and opinions. The Editors or the Publisher will not accept any liability for the accuracy of any content provided by the author. However, all efforts will be made by the Editorial Team to ensure accuracy of the content to the best of their abilities.
Accurateness of Reproduction
All effort will be made to ensureprecise reproduction of the research article including the tables and figures. However, the Editors or the Publisher does not accept any liability fortypographical or editorial errors, nor for any claimsarising from them. The Publisher reserves the right to revise, edit and abridge the content and the accompanying material submitted for publication.
- On submission of a research article to the journal, the author/s agree to transfer the copyright of all the submitted material to the Publisher, once accepted for publication. The authors should not submit the same article, partially or wholly to another publication during the time of review, till the final decision is conveyed by the Editors.
- The authors retain the right to be identified as the author of the published article as well as the patent and trademark rights related to a product or process detailed in the article. The authors have the right to reuse the article partly or wholly for academic and non-commercial purposes with due acknowledgement to the journal.
- The authors must ensure that the research article is an original piece of work that has not been published elsewhere and is also not under review by another publication.
- The authors must guarantee that due permissions have been obtained in order to reuse any copyrighted material that has been sourced from any platform.